Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cedar Creek Falls

Our first day in Airlie Beach was so much fun!  Our roommate Anthony hired (what Aussies call 'rented') a car and drove us out to Cedar Creek Falls.  It is a beautiful Waterfall only a 15 minute drive from the house we are staying at.  Anthony introduced us to a famous Queensland beer called XXXX Bitter.  I called it Quad X even though Aussies call it 4 X Bitters.  He thought it was funny though and I now catch him saying Quad X too.  
Anthony had to coach me into swimming through the waterfall because I was so nervous!  I think it was the combined fear of not knowing the depth of the water, the pressure of the actual waterfall, how thick the fall was, and if I could even breath once I got behind the waterfall.  So Anthony went first and I held on to the rocks debating......finally I DID IT!  It was so amazing once I was behind the waterfall.  The water was coming down over the rocks so it was like breathing while standing full faced under the shower.  I swam back under after a couple of minutes but it was definitely an experience of a lifetime!

Cedar Creek Falls
Jenni and I.  We are NOT skinny dipping even though it appears we are in this photo.
Anthony and I before we took the plunge!

No comments: