Monday, February 21, 2011

I didn't come to Australia because Oprah did. I came first :)


I am spending a week in Sydney, Australia.  Lisa flew from the U.S. to come spend the week with me and Jenni is coming from Bangkok.  Jenni gets here tomorrow and I look forward to our time in Sydney.  Lisa and I walked across the Sydney Bridge today and went up the tower to view the Harbour from above!  This city is absolutely breath-taking. 


Lisa and I sat down by the water near the Opera House to watch the sun go down and see the Bridge and Opera House from day to night.  There was live music playing, a breathy girl vocalist, singing at a pub there in the Harbour that we listened to while watching boats come in and out.  The way we would see flocks of birds fly over our heads was the way that bats flew above us over the Harbour. Very interesting because they were big and there were heaps!

It is surprisingly a very clean and peaceful area to be in at night and, truly, I feel speechless by the experience.  I now understand Oprah's enthuastic twist on her announcement "We're going to Austraaaaaaaaliaaaaa" before her trip to Sydney.  Australians constantly ask me if I came here because Oprah did.  I hate to let them down, but I'm afraid she followed me this time ;)  It is a beautiful city and today is only the beginning. 

I also want to thank Lisa, my Mom, Teresa, Joy, and all other little helpers on getting my things from home to Lisa to bring to me!  Thank you and it felt like Christmas when Lisa got here with some of my clothes I missed too much to leave behind, my Mac and Nars makeup, my surprise from Lisa....Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, sweet cards for every holiday we've missed from Lisa and a birthday card from Layni,  and my love.....Coco Chanel.







No comments: