Friday, February 4, 2011

Painting the roses red

Red roses on the left is where grapes for red wines are harvested.  White roses on the right are for white wine grapes.

I've got some catching up to do on my blogging so I'll start with the Yarra Valley Wineries.  We met Pete and Glay Glay (obviously a nickname given by his buddies) through some men I met at work.  They offered to drive us through Yarra Valley to knock "wineries" off of Jenni and I's Aussie bucket list.  It by far was one of my favorite days!  We started at a pub for lunch and shared an antipasta platter.
 We went to several wineries including Sticks, Balgownie Estate, and, my favorite......Chandon!  It was the last one we went to and I was introduced to Sparkling Shiraz!  We enjoyed it while laying in the grass watching Glay Glay do handstands and 2 German guys take their shirts off and race.  It's funny what you think is entertaining after a few "tastes" of wine.  
You must be 18 to drink.  You must act 8 while drinking.
Candid shot, but beautiful background
Ladies and Gentlemen...............Chandon Sparkling Shiraz!

No comments: