Friday, January 21, 2011

The Australian Open 2011

Yesterday Jenni and I went with two friends to the Australian Open which was a walk away from our house.  On our way we stopped at Coles and bought cheese, fruit, and lunch meat and then went to the bakery to buy pull aparts (bread loaves).  


Jo Tsonga after winning against Seppi
I was so excited to go and as an avid sports lover, I have not been exposed enough to tennis to call myself a fan.....Well I did it.....I wore a denim American Flag shirt and became a new fan of tennis all in one day!  Thank you Australian Open!  I asked a French woman next to me what "allez jo" meant, since the entire crowd was chanting it. She said, "go Jo, and you can say it too if you want". We were watching Jo Tsonga (France) vs. Andreas Seppi (Italy). Winner- Tsonga.  


We had a great afternoon in the sun and enjoyed our picnic.  We watched women and men play and the game of tennis is much more fast-paced and interactive then I had expected.  Overall, one of my favorite days down under so far!









No comments: