Thursday, January 13, 2011

Koalas, sheep, and anchors......oh my!



We left our hostel in Port Campbell and began our 3rd day journey.  

My lucky little flower starburst that Jenni noticed.

We drove to the Otway Light House where we saw heaps of Koalas in trees lining the streets. 
 We also met an unexpected little sheep friend.






Speed limit sign.  100 kilometers per hour = 62.14 miles per hour

On January 15, 1990 the main arch connecting London Bridge to the mainland cracked and fell into the sea.  Two people were rescued hours later by helicopter after shockingly being stranded on the lone arch.
We went back to the London Bridge at night to watch Penguins come out of the sea onto the beach.  It was absolutely beautiful during daylight, dusk, and sunset.






The Grotto was one of my favorite things we saw.  It was absolutely a beautiful sight to see!  


I loved it so much I decided to jump the stone wall to get a better look.......
I made it all the way in without falling on any rocks.


On our way to Warnumbool, the largest city of the Great Ocean Road, we saw a Cheap as Chips store and thought we'd see what it was all about....Well I found a couple of treasures.... I had been on the lookout for a cheap towel and a small bag to hike down to Loch Ard Gorge with.  My only option was an Aussie flag towel for $10 and a $4 duck bag with feet and hands.

In Warnambool we enjoyed a cheese and fruit platter while watching a local band outside of the city museum where they have an old fashioned city set up for tourists to visit.  


The passenger drinking wine.....
The driver drinking coffee.
We decided to go to the Warnambool gift shop on our way out......I entertained myself.





1 comment:

StarPower said...

your pictures are amazing. your the most attractive swashbuckler I have ever seen.