Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fate and Kite are rhyming words to a German

Bekah was the first person I skyped from Down Under! It was great to see her pretty face and chat with her.  I skyped with my wonderful parents for the first time today!  They couldn't get their speaker to work so I couldn't hear them but they could hear me.  I just talked anyway because they liked hearing some stories, but I felt silly like I was talking to myself.  We are going to try again tomorrow and maybe my mom's IT guy can fix her speaker.   Either way, it was great to see them and laugh a bit.  A cute little asian girl looked at my computer and waved to them and after we hung up she kept yelling in the cafe "bye bye mummy and daddy!"


Last night we drank Goon, a cheap boxed Aussie wine, and played drinking card games with some German, Dutch, Swedish, and French hostel friends.  A part of the game was to make a sentence and then everyone has to make a rhyming sentence.  It is funny to hear what people think rhyme when they say words with such strong accents! For example, Jenni said "fate" and Phillipe, our German friend, rhymed with "kite" haha.  Then we went dancing at a place next door to our hostel with our German and Dutch friends.  It was really fun watching lots of interesting people there dancing in strange ways! haha  Even a couple of transvestites were there announcing limbo contests and such.  I pulled Jenni on stage for a dance contest and she wasn't happy about it at first.....until she almost won! :)

No comments: