Friday, November 12, 2010

G'day Mates!

G'day mates! My friend Jenni and I arrived in Melbourne, Australia yesterday, November 11th at noon.  We flew from Dallas to LA and then LA to Melbourne......15 straight hours from LA.  I tried to sleep most of the time.  The food on Qantis Airlines was pretty impressive and I hate Mahi Mahi for dinner and a cold breakfast.  Australia is 15 hours ahead of OKC.  Before we left Bekah and Layni threw us an amazing going away party at By George.  Thank you both so much for taking us to Stella and for all the cute decorations!  We couldn't have asked for a more fun and cra cra going away!  Blair, thanks for the sweet treats too! I felt so loved by so many of my AmAzInG friends coming out to celebrate with us! Also, I had an awesome week in Duncan with the fam the week prior to leaving! The truth is "food is love" and I felt REEEEEAAAALLY loved that week! My mom cooked some scrumptious dinners and sent me off right :)  I am so thankful for my BeSt FrIeNd Lauren and her packing skills! I have no idea how she packed all of my stuff in only 2 bags! Thank you to Lauren, Rhonda, Cemby, and P-dizzle for the raincoat because I have needed it everyday! 


We are staying in a hostel in St. Kilda which is less than a 5 minute walk to the ocean.  We have 3 guy roomates.  2 Germans and 1 Canadian.  We have met a few of our roomies' friends, one being Josh who took us to the beach last night.  We grabbed a drink on the way and just sat and enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery.  At sundown the penguins come out and it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.  We were able to walk right up to them! We are Josh's "chickmates".  We went to bed at a decent hour last night.  It is a bit warm in the hostel but everyone is so nice and welcoming! It's totally out of my comfort zone for those of you who know me well.  But surprisingly I am enjoying the experience :)  They cooked us pancakes for breakfast, more like crepes in Australia, and then we had to wash our own dishes.  Tonight we are having a barbie (barbeque) on the rooftop of our hostel.




1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Daughter, our love is with you. Sounds like all is going well. Please let us know when you would like to skype. Love, Mom & Dad
ps...heading home in the morn from Silver Bella, had a blast!