Saturday, November 20, 2010

Golfing with RoOs!

On Thursday, November 18, Jenni and I caught up with an old mate, Myles. 

Allie Seidel and I met Myles, Simon, and Trev at ACL Music Festival in 2008.  They all live in Melbourne, Australia and I credit them for my desire to come live in the Land Down Under.  After leaving Austin we talked them into coming to Oklahoma! haha.  They stayed at my one bedroom apartment with Allie and I for 3 nights/4 days.  It was so much fun taking them to places like Electro Lounge and just having them stay with me.  They were awesome and fun and the day they left I swore I would "go to wherever THEY came from :)"


Myles came and picked us up from our Hostel in St. Kilda and drove us out to Yarrambat Park, which is a golf course where you just have to golf with the kangaroos because there are so many on the course!  It was quite hilarious to me, but Myles is used to it so he just laughed at how amused we were by the abundance of roos on a golfcourse.  I was just trying to picture my Dad or the Hideaway guys standing next to a kangaroo while putting. haha I saw, not only my first kangaroo, but my first KaNgA fight which I caught on video!  I can't stop laughing when I watch it.


Jenni and I making friends down under
Just another day on the golf course
I feel like he's being watched.....
Myles trying to talk me into getting closer ;) 
A Kanga and her Joey
A BIG Daddy Kanga
It was quite a long drive out to the golf course and back to the Hawthorne area of Melbourne where we ate at Sri Lanka Restaurant.  Jenni and I loved the drive because, since Myles was driving us, we could really enjoy the beautiful scenery.  Dinner was SpIcY and absolutely delicious! I tried a few new Australian beers....Boags, Crown, and Tiger.  The restaurant Myles took us to was very nice and to top off such an awesome day with an old mate, he pulled a quick one on us and paid the entire tab!  He said, "you were generous to us when we were in the states and now I can return the favor." :)  We plan on meeting up with Simon and Myles on a weekend for a fun night out!  I love that I kept in touch with them through facebook and was able to meet up with Myles during my first week here.  Thank you, Myles, for introducing me to my first KaNgArOo and for a great evening of fun!

3 comments:

StarPower said...

oh my god. I have never seen so many roo's in one place. especially on a golf course. I can just see Ryan trying to golf and be serious with a kangaroo next to him. HA!

Unknown said...

O i love that you are hanging out with the boys! I miss you and them! I am trying to save some mulah to come!

Blair~Facts of Life Style said...

We must see kangaroos when I am there!