Saturday, December 25, 2010

All I want for Christmas is a monkey :)

When I was a little girl I used to ask for a monkey for Christmas.  I guess I didn't realize that was not a normal gift to ask for ;)
Waiting on the first tram...excited for Zoo Day!
On December 23, 2010 Jenni and I spent the day at the Melbourne Zoo.  It was great weather for a perfect Christmas-Eve-Eve at the zOo!  This is something we've been wanting to do for a while and both finally had a day off at the same time.  It took 2 trams to get there (apprx 45 min.) We got a bit mixed up between the two trams, but once we finally found the second tram stop the driver ended up being a breath of fresh air!  He announced things as we passed them and was very energetic and funny....it was quite the tour!  I wanted to share some awesome animal pictures with you guys....enjoy!
The second tram with the enthusiastic driver.
Busy day in Melbourne City
Just arriving at the Melbourne Zoo.

The Lion King
Three little turtles.
Baby bear eating a bone

Ring-tailed Lemur.  It has a beautiful long black and white striped tail.
Ginger sisters...... like me and Jenni!
umm...you have a little drool dripping from your lip, Ma'am.

Bongo:  Some African tribes believe that to eat or touch a Bongo will cause spasms similar to epileptic seizures.  This folklore has helped the Bongo to survive.

Red-haired Kangaroo
This picture was taken for my Koala-loving friend, Lisa.
Red-winged Parrot
My mum's favorite...the Elephant.
I bought this as my Christmas present to myself :)

2 comments:

StarPower said...

I was wondering about the giraffe's you referred to as you and jenni, which one of you is the one drooling? Just curious. Merry Christmas boo!

Candice said...

I'm sure that would probably be me after a few glasses of wine. ha.