Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rain rain go away, please make these creepy creatures stray

Well, we thought we were coming to Australia right as summer begins.  Little did we know that we arrived during a massive rain period after a nearly 15 year drought!  It doesn't rain everyday, but it often rains off and on throughout the days.  The good thing is that I don't think we were quite prepared for the heat, so the days that there has been no rain we sweat to death at night.  We have not become accustomed to not having air conditioner yet.  The bad thing is we walk everywhere we go....rain or shine!  As mentioned before, ThAnK YoU Lauren, Rhonda, and Cemby for my handy dandy rain jacket!  Who would have thought it would be my most valuable piece of clothing :)


  Also, the rain has welcomed many little house guests to our home......slimy little snails.  I have recently discovered that not only do I think snails are super strange and ugly creatures;  they make me a bit uncomfortable.  I can now say that I have showered with one of these yucky little guys!  There was one on the shower wall and I was too creeped out to touch it so I just begged Jenni to sit in the bathroom with me to try to turn my attention away from it while I took a record breaking fast shower! haha  James (our roomie) stepped on one today while I was taking a photo for him out front of our house.  I was shocked and said, "I took a shower with a snail for nothing?!" haha  I didn't want him to think I was a nature hater if I moved it.....little did I know he didn't like them either.  Even our earth-friendly roomie doesn't like them because he says they eat his garden.  Hopefully there will not be many more rainy and snail-filled days here in Melbourne.  It looks like we may get some sunshine later in the week.


No comments: