Friday, December 3, 2010

Everyone smiles in the same language. -- Author Unknown

Greetings from the land down under!  I haven't blogged in a few days and this is the time where the saying "no news is good news" is befitting :)  The only thing wrong is that my feet hurt from being on them all day and I am wondering where my Australian boyfriend is so he can give me a foot massage! haha.   

Things seem to continue to get better the longer we are here.  I am enjoying work and the people I work with.  I worked all night tonight and have a double shift tomorrow and work Saturday and Sunday mornings.  I got paid for the first time yesterday (I get paid every Wednesday) which made all the hours seem well worth it.  Next week I will get a change in scenery on Thursday night because Harriet, an Aussie girl I work with, and I are going to work Carols by Candlelight.  This is an Australia tradition that is a free event where people come together to enjoy great food, sing Christmas carols, and see Santa Claus!  I am excited to celebrate this wonderful holiday with Aussies and see the similarities and differences in the way their holiday traditions! Tonight at work a group of women had maybe one glass too many of red wine and walked out of the restaurant singing Christmas carols....it made me smile :)   
So the great news is that Jenni got a job at Boheme too!  She had a trial today and I am so proud of her for proving herself in the field of hospitality.  This is her first waiting job and I know she will be great.  Tomorrow night we work together so it should be a fun night!  This will be a good way for us to meet locals and make money at the same time.  Way to go Jenni!

Our German guy friends left for Sydney Tuesday on a Greyhound bus.  To see them off we all went to the beach Monday night, enjoyed some beers, and MANY laughs!!!  I seriously haven't laughed that hard since I can remember!  It was one of those nights where the silliest things had J and I laughing so hard there was no noise, just convulsions :)

Nothing shows your character more than what you laugh at.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miss you dear! Glad to see that all is well, and you and Jenny both got jobs! : ) Making money always seems to make things a little more fun. Checked out the restaurant site and it looks great! Please enjoy a beer on the beach for me! Also, you look beautiful in that pic you posted up top on this blog! Can't wait to hear more on the awesome aussie experience! Love ya! -Ashley