Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sugar and Spice........

.......and all things nice, that's what little girls are made of!

On Sunday, December 12, 2010 I skyped with my brother and sister in law to hear the wonderful news of my new baby NIECE due in May 2011.  

So here is the part that gave me chills......I wanted them to have a boy at first because my family is very lacking in little boys. haha.  Then, two nonconsecutive nights I had dreams of playing at my parents house with the new baby, which was a GIRL!  It gets even weirder......I was skyping with my parents who told me the sex of the baby before Devin and Ashley did.  The conversation went as follows:  
Me: "so what is it?! Boy or girl??"
Mom: "well your dreams were right! It's a girl!"
Dad: "well if your such the little dreamer, then what was her name in your dream?"  (being facetious as usual)
Me: "oh gah, I don't even think she had a name in the first dream, but the second was, ummmm, Abby."
Mom: "They've decided to name her Abigail Elizabeth Oglesby!"

Ashley says her and Devin wanted a name that is "classic with a cute shortened nickname."  I think they hit it right on! Abby it is! I am a bit bummed to attend the showers and birth only through skype, but she will be at such a fun age when I get back and won't even remember me being gone :)  I can't wait to meet her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We can't wait for you to meet her too!!! You are quite the dreamer, you hit the nail right on the head! We are very sad you won't be here for the fun before the birth, and the birth, but luckily she will be boring until the time you get back, and that's when they get all their personality! Which is perfect, because she will need to be around her Aunt Candy's fun and bubbly personality, to learn some great traits! I just pray she will have a beautiful haircolor like yours! I would love to have that dark auburn! Especially since I am brunette and Dev is strawberry blonde, I am hoping the two combine and give me your fabulous color! We miss you, and so enjoyed skyping with you! Keep us updated on all your fun! Love ya! -Ash